Designed specifically for the installation market, the elektraLite DataFire is intended to make hard‐wire DMX runs faster to install, as well as give more flexibility in the field.
Using a two‐piece terminal euroblock, installers can quickly run DMX cable from splitters and through conduit, and then easily adapt to a 5‐pin XLR connector to start a fixture data run using the elektraLite DataFire adapter.
The euroblock is a solderless connector that uses screw terminals to clamp connecting wires. Once the wires are installed, the entire assembly is plugged into a matching socket on the DMX cable. DataFire is more convenient than the terminal strips they replace as the signal cables can be quickly disconnected from or connected to the hard wire connection, rather than unscrewing and re‐screwing, or soldering, each wire individually.
- reduced installation time in the field by eliminating soldering and making changes quickly and effectively
- quality specification‐grade professional cable assembly (Belden 9729) ensures proper data transmission to USITT DMX protocol standards
- quick‐connect euroblock connector to allow for quick and easy connectivity between installed cable and portable cables for fixture wiring
- true 5‐pin XLR connectors in both male and female for multi‐directional data runs, ensuring your entire project is covered, fast and effectively
- eliminates need for on‐site soldering to make up DMX connectors to transfer from installed to portable cable
- high thermal rated cable for plenum‐run use where necessary
- small, light profile making it easy to carry, ship, and use on jobsites
- quick adaptability using euroblock connector for cable to remain in truss for applications where cable is maintained within the truss permanently, but connectors get in the way during transport and assembly
Conductors 22 AWG [0.34 mm2] tinned, annealed copper stranded 19 x 34 (Belden 9729 cable) Insulation 210° C, 300V Shield Inner: Aluminum / mylar, 100%Outer: Tinned copper braid, 85% Jacket black polyurethaneNom. wall: 0.060” [1.52 mm]Elongation: 500%Tensile strength: 5,000 psi Physical OD: 0.215” [5.46 mm] nom. Temperature +100° C / ‐30° C Conductivity 14.5 Ohms (max.) per 1,000 feet Impedance 90 Ohms Inductance 0.33 uH / ft. nom. Bend Radius 1.5” minimum